TANSI has stood in good stead in carrying out various sensitive and urgent Government programs in time like the manufacture and supply of Ballot Boxes, Nutritious Noon Meal Scheme, Operation Black Board Scheme, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Line Material items to Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, Furniture items to Newly Constructed Legislative Assembly Hall, etc.
TANSI has been supplying Tables, Benches, and Desks to various schools throughout Tamil Nadu during the years 2008-09 and 2009-10 through the Directorate of School Education, to the tune of Rs.69 crores and Rs.46 crores respectively. As we had completed the entire order in a good manner, in the stipulated time, this year also we are expecting orders to the tune of Rs.46 crores.
TANSI has got the prestigious order of supplying the furniture for the New Assembly Hall of Tamil Nadu to the tune of Rs.10 crore which is under completion.
TANSI is executing a major order to the tune of Rs.250 crores for the supply of line materials and infrastructure in 26 districts of Tamil Nadu under a Turnkey contract from TNEB under the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidhyutikaran Yojana’ Scheme.
The Tamil Nadu Small Industries Corporation Limited (TANSI) is manufacturing and supplying of steel and wooden furniture to Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, and Private Sector. TANSI was established in 1965. At present, it has 20 production units all over Tamil Nadu and two showrooms in Chennai and Tiruchirappalli in the following manner:
Engineering units - 3
Furniture units - 14
Special units - 3
Total - 20
TANSI manufactures the following items:
- Classroom furniture for schools, colleges, and hostels
- furniture for domestic and office use
- Spirit-based products for Tamil Nadu Medical Services Corporation
- Spirit-based Industrial products such as Gasket Shellac, French polish, Thinner and disinfectant solutions like Lysol, Phenyl
- India Mark-II hand pumps and baby bar weighing scales
- Enamel and Road marking paints
2. Major orders executed during the year 2022-23
(Rs.50 lakh and above)
- Supply of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) Kits to School Education Department - Rs.21.66 crore
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to the School Education Department - Rs.15.21 crore
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to the Higher Education Department - Rs.21.05 crore
- Supply of modular color steel dual desk to Greater Chennai Corporation– Rs.13.96 crore.
- Supply of Zinc Metal Compactor Bins to Greater Chennai Corporation – Rs.3.91 crore.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Greater Chennai Corporation (MP Fund) – Rs.1.00 crore.
- Supply of modular color steel dual desk to Tribal Welfare Department – Rs.6.82 crore.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Employment and Training Department – Rs.1.50 crore.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Backward Class Welfare Department – Rs.1.15 crore.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Indian Institute of Technology – Rs.61.00 lakh.
3. Major orders on hand and under execution for the financial year 2022-23 (Rs.50 lakh and above)
- Supply of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) Kits to School Education Department - Rs.4.00 crore
- Supply of modular color steel dual desks to Adi Dravidar Welfare Department - Rs.8.38 crore
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to District Rural Development Agency – Rs.4.15 crore.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Horticulture Department – Rs.1.36 crore.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Tamil Nadu Police Housing Corporation – Rs.1.23 crore.
- Supply of Zinc Metal Compactor Bins to Tirunelveli Corporation – Rs.78.00 lakh.
- Supply of steel and wooden furniture to Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board – Rs.72.00 lakh.
4. Revamping of Units
During the year 2022-23, TANSI revamped its closed unit at Erode and put it into operation for manufacturing.
5. Opening of Showroom cum Sales Centre and e-Commerce Online Sales Portal
As per the announcement made by the Hon’ble Minister, Showroom cum Sales Centre was opened and the e-Commerce online sales portal (www.tansismart.tn.gov.in) was launched on 08.02.2023 by the Hon’ble Minister for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises Department.
6. GeM Portal
TANSI has registered its activities such as purchases and sales with GeM Portal since December, 2022.
7. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
TANSI through its customized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is managing all its day-to-day activities, including Administration, Human Resources, Materials Management, Finance / Accounts, Marketing, etc., from the financial year 2022-23.
8. Contribution under CSR scheme
TANSI has contributed Rs.4 crore to the “Namma School” Foundation (under the Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme) launched by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
9. Performance of TANSI for the year 2022-23 against the target of Rs.125 crore
Performance of TANSI for the year 2022-23:
Rs. in crore
(Upto March 2023)